Lou's Place in Cyberspace


 

CASTLE VALLEY MILL

STRUCTURE

Home ] Up ] EXTERIOR ] FIRST FLOOR ] LEFT FRONT ELEVATOR ] SECOND FLOOR ] THIRD FLOOR ] POWER FRAME ] EUREKA BRUSH MACHINE ] CYCLONE SEPERATOR ] CENTRAL ELEVATOR ] BOLTER ] POWER TAKE-OFF ] POWER CLUTCH ] HOPPER ] ANNEX ] BASEMENT ] [ STRUCTURE ] MILL HISTORY ] Trade Mark case ]

The illustrations presented here show the development of the Mill after the 1879 extension and expansion. It shows the main structural elements and mill machinery that was found of each floor. Only equipment that is known to be in the original location is shown. Terrain details are omitted for clarity.

Though Castle Valley Mill is full of mill processing equipment, much of it is not original, but collected for eventual use in the mill if it begun operations again, as was Henry Fischer’s intent.

The intent here is to show the main structural elements, details for each floor and machinery can be found in individual chapters. The Annex section is not shown.

View looking southwest showing the stone foundation, first floor stone walls covered with stucco. On the top of the stone wall is the sill for the frame structure of the second floor. The main timbers and floor joists for the first floor are shown. During 1879 the mill was extended over the creek, a part of which passed through the arched tailrace opening shown on right.

This illustration shows the primary structures on the first floor. The diagonal cross beam indicates where the original mill was extended. The partition in the left corner is the office area.

View showing grain elevator legs, receiving bin, central elevator boot and rear elevator legs

View showing floor joists for third floor and partial upper framing.

View showing addition of the diagonal rafter support beams. Remnants of the original rear wall window framing can be seen just right of the center of illustration. This was the location of the original rear wall before the Mill was extended out rearward.

View from front. Note cement race on left of illustration.

View of structure details.

View of third floor without equipment in place.

View showing third floor as it existed in 2008

View showing third floor as it would have appeared when the Mill was operational.

View with roof rafters in place.

View of front of structure.

View of rear of structure.

 

WIREFRAME ILLUSTRATIONS FROM 3D MODEL

FRONT ELEVATION

RIGHT ELEVATION

LEFT ELEVATION

PLAN VIEW

ISOMETRIC VIEW

Home ] Up ] EXTERIOR ] FIRST FLOOR ] LEFT FRONT ELEVATOR ] SECOND FLOOR ] THIRD FLOOR ] POWER FRAME ] EUREKA BRUSH MACHINE ] CYCLONE SEPERATOR ] CENTRAL ELEVATOR ] BOLTER ] POWER TAKE-OFF ] POWER CLUTCH ] HOPPER ] ANNEX ] BASEMENT ] [ STRUCTURE ] MILL HISTORY ] Trade Mark case ]